Office Manager / Customer Relations
We are a small design company based in downtown San Francisco. We design everyday objects to help people simplify their lives and optimize the use of small spaces. Our first product, Lumio lamp, is the best-selling lighting product at MoMA design store (among other museum design stores). We're expanding globally and currently available in Japan and Hong Kong. Next up: France and UK. Check us out at HelloLumio.com. Don't be fooled, we're not only designing lamps (although it's keeping us very busy right now).
Working at Lumio
We truly believe that great people make great companies. Our company is growing and we are seeking new talents to join our family. We know that one size doesn't fit all so we pay close attention to each person's potential and believe in supporting growth within the company. It's simple: if you work hard and smart, you'll get noticed. It's a fast-paced start-up environment so your passion and drive will direct your project timelines and success.
About the Role
The ideal candidate is comfortable working in an environment that is deadline driven, fast- paced, highly collaborative, and ever-evolving. Flexibility, accuracy, prioritizing, and multi-tasking are essential. You approach every situation with the goal of providing world-class customer service and a proven ability to assess a situation, and take action if necessary. You are reliable, responsible, and resource driven. You have an eye for details to create a positive working environment and customer experience. You possess an infectious positive attitude and sense of humor.
- Manage and create an organized, welcoming and creative office work environment!
- Customer relations. Provide our customers and community with outstanding support via
email — both reactively and proactively. Troubleshoot customer issues and find quick and sustainable solutions. Identify areas for improvement based on customer feedback; acting on solution and creating actionable reports to share with larger team. Help manage our customer loyalty and retention program. Be a problem solver: turning stressful/contentious situations into opportunities to help customers.!
- Internal communications. Work closely with our operations team to ensure operational efficiency and that customer requests are being met. Communicate clearly with all team members in order to find solutions for customers’ needs.!
- Co-ordinate office staff activities to ensure maximum efficiency!
- Design and implement filing systems, ensure filing systems are maintained and current, and
establish and monitor procedures for record keeping!
- Design and implement office policies and procedures and oversee adherence to office
policies and procedures!
- Co-ordinate schedules, appointments and bookings!
- Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory!
- Ensure execution of all shipping, scheduling pick ups, and receiving as needed!
- Maintain customer contact database!
What we are looking for
- Solid academic background in a related field with 2-3 years relevant industry experience. A degree in business or communications is preferred (though not a requirement).!
- Knowledge of accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures, clerical practices and procedures!
- Knowledge of human resources management practices and procedures!
- Knowledge of business and management principles !
- Passion for delivering an exceptional customer experience. Empathy and attention to detail
with respect to customer needs.!
- Impeccable communication skills, both spoken and written, and a passion for building
relationships. A background in journalism or experience with writing is a plus.!
- Attention to details and organization!
- A can-do attitude: No task is too small or too daunting.!
- Have an eye and interest in good design.!
- Great time management skills, thrives on multi-tasking (but still have focus for each task)
and don't easily get stressed under pressure.!
- Can joke with class or communicate with compassion. We need someone who is relaxed,
but professional in their verbal and written communication skills.!
What we offer you
- Competitive salary commensurate experience.!
- Huge potential growth with the company. We prefer to promote within the company.!
- You'll be working with a wide variety of interesting people and companies from Fortune 500
leaders, artists, photographer, film makers to top notch brands.!
- Be involved in discussions about how to build and maintain a top-notch customer
- Work in an inspiring environment - no cubicles in sight!!
Be in touch
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short story why you'd be the perfect fit and make sure to put "Career: Operations Manager" on the subject line. Share with us your past experience and vision for what’s next for Lumio. We’d love to learn more about you!
Make sure to include the following in your email:
Resume highlighting relevant experience
Cover letter including:
- Reason for wanting to join the Lumio team
- A brief description of a favorite design object/space (100 words or less)
- A short writing sample: please describe an exceptional customer service experience you
have had, give us all the details.!