Graphic Designer / Community Manager
We are a small design company based in downtown San Francisco. We design everyday objects to help people simplify their lives and optimize the use of small spaces. Our first product, Lumio lamp, is the best-selling lighting product at MoMA design store (among other museum design stores). We're expanding globally and currently available in Japan and Hong Kong. Next up: France and UK. Check us out at HelloLumio.com. Don't be fooled, we're not only designing lamps (although it's keeping us very busy right now).
Working at Lumio
We truly believe that great people make great companies. Our company is growing and we are seeking new talents to join our family. We know that one size doesn't fit all so we pay close attention to each person's potential and believe in supporting growth within the company. It's simple: if you work hard and smart, you'll get noticed. It's a fast-paced start-up environment so your passion and drive will direct your project timelines and success.
About the Role
The ideal candidate is someone with the passion and skill set to communicate and implement compelling visuals in the form of graphic design and photography. He/she lives and breathes social media, and loves to express ideas through beautiful images (think #vsco).
- Working with a wide range of media, including photography and computer-aided design tools such as Adobe Creative Suites and other pertinent softwares to create and execute creative campaigns both online and prints.
- Work closely with owner to build creative content and develop strategies to create passion and grow the community both online and offline.
- Create compelling visuals, writing content and getting to know the communities on each platform and being the face to the community.
- Keep management team up to date on the best voice, platforms and tools on social media.
- Monitors discussions, resource postings, and trends within the community. Identifies and
reports trends in usage and advises on potential opportunities.
- Networks with community members and identify Community Ambassadors. Train and
empower Community Ambassadors to participate on a more significant engagement level.
- Monitors and measures the success of community engagement (i.e. number of users,
number of discussions, etc.). Identify, analyze and report on community trends to internal team.
- Solid academic background in a related field with 2-5 years relevant industry experience. A degree in Graphic Design, Web Design or related field preferred.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, InDesign, Dreamweaver, etc.
- Understanding of trends in social media, web and mobile technologies.
- Working knowledge of HTML & CSS is a plus.
- Experience with a CMS or eCommerce Platform such as Volusion, Magento, Etc. is highly
- Taking product photographs as well as video editing skills are needed.
- Implement creative concepts for websites, landing pages and email designs based on the
marketing director and company's needs.
- Great visual and verbal communication, written and analytical skill!
- Experience in designing customer experiences
- A can-do attitude: No task is too small or too daunting.
- Have an eye and interest in good design.
- Great time management skills, thrives on multi-tasking (but still have focus for each task)
and don't easily get stressed under pressure.
What we offer you
- Competitive salary commensurate experience
- Huge potential growth with the company. We prefer to promote within the company.
- You'll be working with a wide variety of interesting people and companies from Fortune 500
leaders, artists, photographer, film makers to top notch brands.
- Be involved in discussions about how to build and maintain a top-notch customer
- Work in an inspiring environment - no cubicles in sight
Be in touch
Please reach out to email@example.com with a short story why you'd be the perfect fit and make sure to put "Career: Graphic Designer/Community Manager" on the subject line. Share with us your past experience and vision for what’s next for Lumio. We’d love to learn more about you!
Make sure to include the following in your email:
Resume highlighting relevant experience
Cover letter including:
- Resume highlighting relevant experience.
- Portfolio that showcases your work.
- Let us know which companies you think have the best online/social media presence or
campaigns and provide links to them.
- Cover letter including:
- Reason for wanting to join the Lumio team!
- A brief description of a favorite design object/space (100 words or less)
- Writing samples of blog posts, newsletters and/or other online page/links that show your creativity.