We are a small design company based in downtown San Francisco. We design everyday objects to help people simplify their lives and optimize the use of small spaces. Our first product, Lumio lamp, is the best-selling lighting product at MoMA design store (among other museum design stores). We're expanding globally and currently looking into new markets. Check us out at HelloLumio.com. Don't be fooled, we're not only designing lamps (although it's keeping us very busy right now).
Working at Lumio
We truly believe that great people make great companies. Our company is growing and we are seeking new talents to join our family. We know that one size doesn't fit all so we pay close attention to each person's potential and believe in supporting growth within the company. It's simple: if you work hard and smart, you'll get noticed. It's a fast-paced start-up environment so your passion and drive will direct your project timelines and success.
About the Role
We're looking for a highly driven and goal-oriented sales manager to support our growth into new markets and expand our business. Ideal candidate should have great communications skills and know how to drive conversations into sales.
Knowledge in retail for design-oriented consumer products is essential. Strong analytical skill, initiative, detail oriented work ethic and dependability are key aspects. The candidate should be comfortable wearing multiple hats and working in an environment that is deadline driven, fast- paced, highly collaborative, and ever-evolving.
- Work collaboratively with owner to outline sales goals and execution plan.
- Maintains and performs sales activities on major accounts. Manage wholesale POs, order fulfillment and invoices. Build, maintain and grow relationships with retailers and corporate customers.
- Establish new accounts and distribution channels in existing and new countries globally.
- Accurately forecasts annual, quarterly and monthly revenue streams.
- Develops specific plans to ensure revenue growth in all company’s products.
- Financial management. Develop and manage annual budget. Oversee monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of organization's financial performance against budget, financial and operational goals. Assist owner in creating annual organizational budget and monitoring cash flow.
- Documentation. Help us build operational playbook by writing our Standard Operating Procedures and developing the workflow to sustain them.
- Coordinates proper company resources to ensure efficient and stable sales results.
- Formulates all sales policies, practices and procedures.
- Collaborates with owner to establish and control budgets for sales promotion and trade show expenses.
- Reviews expenses and recommends best operating procedure.
What we are looking for
- A university degree in marketing or business studies is preferred or a minimum of 5 years of related experience or training in retail sector.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance and market trend information.
- Proven ability to develop marketing and sales strategies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and good with numbers.
- A love for process, problem solving complicated situations and a natural desire to simplify processes to optimize efficiency.
- A start-up/hustle/roll-up-your-sleeve mentality.
- Top notch project management skills.
- Good understanding of e-commerce and IT systems used to keep track of stock levels, delivery times and performance evaluation.
What we offer you
- Become a founding member of the sales/operations team & help establish our practices.
- Be involved in discussions about the direction the business should take at a macro and micro level.
- Work in an inspiring environment - no cubicles in sight!
- Competitive compensation commensurate experience.
Be in touch
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short story why you'd be the perfect fit and make sure to put "Career: Sales/Operations Manager" on the subject line. Share with us your past experience and vision for what’s next for Lumio. We’d love to learn more about you!