We are a small design company based in downtown San Francisco. We design everyday objects to help people simplify their lives and optimize the use of small spaces. Our first product, Lumio lamp, is the best-selling lighting product at MoMA design store (among other museum design stores). We're expanding globally and currently available in Japan and Hong Kong. Next up: France and UK. Check us out at HelloLumio.com. Don't be fooled, we're not only designing lamps (although it's keeping us very busy right now).
Working at Lumio
We truly believe that great people make great companies. Our company is growing and we are seeking new talents to join our family. We know that one size doesn't fit all so we pay close attention to each person's potential and believe in supporting growth within the company. It's simple: if you work hard and smart, you'll get noticed. It's a fast-paced start-up environment so your passion and drive will direct your project timelines and success.
About the Role
We're looking for a detail-oriented operations manager to ensure smooth daily operations and support growth into new markets. The role encourages collaboration across disciplines from operations, logistics, manufacturing and vendor relations. Ideal candidate should be comfortable wearing multiple hats and doing a bit of just about everything.
- Logistics management. Ensure the right products are delivered to the right location on time and at a good cost.
- Manage e-commerce sales, order fulfillment and stock control.
- Manage wholesale POs, order fulfillment and invoices. Build, maintain and grow relationships with retailers and corporate customers.
- Third party relations. Manage various vendors responsible for manufacturing, transportation, and warehousing. Ensure that the agreed terms and conditions, and standard procedures are followed.
- Operational strategy. Implement the overall operational policy and come up with solutions to optimize the use of the resources of the organization.
- Financial management. Develop and manage annual budget. Oversee monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of organization's financial performance against budget, financial and operational goals. Manage day to day processing of payroll, accounts receivable and payable using Xero, producing reports as requested. Reconciling monthly activity, generating year-end reports, and fulfilling tax related requirements. Assist owner in creating annual organizational budget and monitoring cash flow.
- Documentation. Help us build operational playbook by writing our Standard Operating Procedures and developing the workflow to sustain them.
- Strategy. Work with other team members to evaluate, prioritize, and organize projects aimed at providing continuous improvements.
What we are looking for
- Solid academic background in a related field with 3-4 years relevant industry experience.
- Meticulous attention to detail and good with numbers.
- A love for process, problem solving complicated situations and a natural desire to simplify processes to optimize efficiency.
- Strong communication skills and experience.
- A start-up/hustle/roll-up-your-sleeve mentality.
- Team management experience.
- Top notch project management skills.
- Have a good understanding of supply chain in order to manage the process effectively and liaise with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers.
- International Logistics is a plus.
- Good understanding of e-commerce and IT systems used to keep track of stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and performance evaluation.
What we offer you
- Become a founding member of the operations team & help establish our practices.
- Be involved in discussions about the direction the business should take at a macro and micro level.
- Work in an inspiring environment - no cubicles in sight!
- Competitive compensation commensurate experience.
Be in touch
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short story why you'd be the perfect fit and make sure to put "Career: Operations Manager" on the subject line. Share with us your past experience and vision for what’s next for Lumio. We’d love to learn more about you!
Make sure to include the following in your email:
Resume highlighting relevant experience
Cover letter including:
- Reason for wanting to join the Lumio team
- A brief description of a favorite design object/space (100 words or less)